Delaware Pre-Licensing COURSE
Delaware 99-Hour Salesperson Pre-Licensing Course
This course provides 99 hours of instruction in essential real estate topics required of all applicants for a salesperson license in Delaware. The purpose of the course is to prepare learners for the Delaware licensing exam and a career in real estate by providing an understanding of the basics of real estate sales, laws, and mathematics. It also provides students with knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations affecting the practice of real estate.
This program satisfies the course objectives stated by the Delaware Real Estate Commission:
- To provide an overview of the real estate profession and to insure the prospective salesperson understands the application of professional ethics as applied to real estate transactions.
- To provide the prospective licensee with an understanding of:
- Real property characteristics, definitions, ownership, restrictions and transfer
- Assessing and explaining property valuation and the appraisal process
- Contracts, agency relationships with buyers and sellers, and federal requirements
- Financing, the transaction and settlement
- Leases, rents, and property management
- The duties and powers of the Commission
- Licensing requirements
- Statutory requirements governing the activities of licensees
- Other aspects of Delaware law which impact the real estate issues
- To prepare the prospective licensee for passing the real estate sales licensing examination for the State of Delaware.